Thursday, July 28, 2011

Update and Gear List

A lot has happened in the last week, both in the shop and here in Colorado. Although I have my camera with me here in Colorado, my camera cable is back in Austin, so sorry for the lack of pics.

In the shop, the Saturday before I left we got a new mill,  an older Van Norman #12 Milling machine and moved it into place. (Thanks for the help Brad!!)  Mo has been busy working on the Oregon Manifest bike and I believe that it will be going to powder coat soon.

In Colorado here, I have been getting out on the bike each day and getting use to altitude. Believe it or not on Tuesday I got caught in a big thunderstorm ( yes actual rain!!) and my gear held up well.  I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I would put up a gear list of what I am taking on the CTR Race, well here is it all but the food:

Bike
  
Frameset - True Fabrication 29" Hardtail and Rigid Fork
Drivetrain - Shimano XT
Brakes - Hope Mono
Cockpit - Titec Ti Bar, Ritchey Stem, ESI Chunky Grips, Cane Creek Bar Ends
Seat - Selle Italia Turbomatic 2 , Moots Ti post
Wheel System - Stan's Flows and Hubs
Tires - Ardent 2.4 (Front), WeirWolf 2.55 (Back)

Load Carrying

F3 Designs Framebag ( Thanks Greg and Rachel the bags work great!!!)
F3 Designs Seatbag
F3 Designs Barbag
Fuel Belt - Small Feedbag
Sea to Summit - Ultra light backpack (For carrying extra food after Buena Vista)

Clothing
  
Waterproof/Breathable Jacket - O2 Rainjacket
Waterproof Pants - Marmot Precip
Shorts w/Chamois - Vermarc / Assos Bibs (one pair of each)
Jersey - Castelli Squadra old Cycle 360
Base Layer Top - Defeet undershirt long / short
Long Sleeve Top   - LAF Winter Jersey
Knee Warmers - Defeet Wool
Arm Warmers - Defeet arm-skins
Off Bike Shorts - Mesh track shorts
Off Bike Tights - REI Poly Tights
Riding Cap - F3 Designs  TF -Cap
Warm Cap - Pearl Izumi Barrier Hat
Over Glove - Manzella Windstopper
Vest - Castelli Windstopper
Full finger riding gloves - Pearl Izumi X-light Gel
Sunglasses - Oakley Racing Jackets Perscription
Helmet -Giro Althelon  
Shoes - Pearl Izumi Enduro
Socks   -Swiftwick 7, Swiftwick wool 7, SL3S Compression

Gear  

Headlamp - Princeton Tec Apex Pro
Light on Front Bag - Princeton Tec Quad (2)
Tailight - Planet Bike Super Flash
Batteries for lights    Energizer Lithium AAA, CR123
GPS - Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx
Batteries for GPS - Energizer Lithium AA
Shelter    - Nemo GOGO XL Bivy, Bivy Stakes, Pump, Extra spoke for Bivy swallowtail
Sleeping bag - Mountain Hardware UltraLamina 32 Large
Sleeping Pad - Theromrest Air Core Small
Ear plugs - Simple Rubber (orange for visibility)
Multitool - Leatherman
Bike Multi-tool    - Lezyne 20
Tire Lever - Quick Stick
Tire Pump - Lezyne Mini
Tire Innertube - 29x2.1 (2)
Tube patch kit - Glue Type & Super Patch
Tire boot - Cut Piece of Tire with bead removed
Chain Lube - Finish Line Wax
Power Link  - Sram 9 Speed (2)
Assortment of Zip Ties (QTY - 7) mix of smaller and larger
Large sewing needle
Heavy duty nylon thread   - Small spool
Rope - Multi-Purpose Thin Nylon Cord (15')
Band-Aids - 2 butterfly style, 2 'standard' size
Swabs and ointment- Alcohol wipes, Antibiotic ointment
Sports Tape (3 meters wrapped around pump)
Duct Tape (3 meters wrapped around pump)
Water Treatment    - Sawyer 4L Purifier System - Dirty bag and filter  
Toothbrush / Toothpaste
Clean Wipes - Cottonelle Wipes (2) 10 Packs
Sunscreen (SPF 50+) - Neutrogena Sport
Lip balm (SPF 15+)- Neutrogena lip therapy
Chamois Cream - Chamois Butt'r 10 Mini Packs
Towel - MSR medium camp towel
Bug Spray - Off - Mini pack of 2 towelettes  
Wallet and Contents  - Ziplock - ID, Health Insurance Card, Debit/Credit Card(s), Cash, Calling Card
Camera - Canon Powershot SD980 IS (with batteries and ziploc bag)
Map  - CTR Databook with Detours marked

Water Storage Capacity - 5L and larger bottle

MSR 4L "clean" water bag hooked to camelback tube
Water bottle 28 oz carry in jersey pocket
Platypus 1L Bladder - spare for quick treatment with tablets

Emergency Supplies
  
Mountain House - 1 - Freeze Dried Meal (500 Calories)
Hand warmers - 1 pack of 2 expose to air warmers
Aqua Mira Water treatment tablets - 12 pack
Mini Bic Lighter
Mini Compass / Thermometer
Whistle

I don't have a weight on all of it and I know it is not the lightest, but I think it will keep me safe and get me to the finish. I have been training with it all on the bike for the last few months, so I know what to expect riding and hiking with it uphill. Well, as soon as I have my tracking link I will post it up, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment