Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting Close to Go Time - CTR

July 24 is the date I fly to Denver and then a week in Denver before I start one of the biggest adventures I will ever do. After over ten years of traveling to Colorado each summer to spend a week camping and riding my mountain bike, this year I am lining up to doing the Colorado Trail Race starting on August 1st.  The race is a 460 mile self-supported event from Denver to Durango on the Colorado Trail.  I have been training and acquiring gear for this race over the past year and I am really looking forward to the experience. I know being from Austin and not being able to train at altitude will limit my performance, but my main goal is overcoming all the challenges that I will encounter during the race  ( i.e. altitude, lightning, exhaustion, hypothermia, etc...) and finishing it. Mo will be holding down the fort in the shop starting the 25th and I plan to be back mid-August.  I will post up my gear list and tracking information, so you can follow my blue dot before I head out. 

-Clark

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time Clark, just remember to enjoy the beauty that is the CT!

    ReplyDelete