Thursday, April 15, 2010

Neopoltian Ice Cream Paint Job

Today our painter dropped off Travis' geared TF hardtail over here at the Hammerhead Shop. I must say it turned out very nice. The cool thing is that he completely left the color combo for his bike in my hands. Its a rare occasion that a customer says....paint it how you'd like! Thus it made for a fun project. Knowing Travis as well as I do it wasn't too hard to choose something I thought he'd like. It doesn't translate at all in the photos the fact that the diamonds are different colors. They are alternating tan and white. My inspiration for this color scheme was Neapolitan ice cream.

Now we have to do final prep on the frame and put the head tube badge on it. I know this may sound cheesy but its really an honor to make frames for Travis. He and his wife now own a total of 3 TF frames and 1.5 forks. :) Travis will get the joke.






No comments:

Post a Comment