Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Travis's New SS


Anyone here want to see Travis' bike before he does? Trust me, he loves it when I do this! ;)


Once again, Travis gives me some general direction and then turns me loose to create what I'd like for him. The previous time was the design scheme on his TF "Neopolitan" geared bike. This time it's his SS. He requested something white and "ghostly", and to be honest, I think I got there by accident. I asked my sticker maker to put white stickers on top of the lightest color grey backing he had. Problem was that his lightest grey, was a dark grey. When we got the sticker kit in our hands it looked waaay too dark. I blindly convinced Travis to let us put them on and we'd try it again later. Well, I picked up the frame from the TF shop this morning and BINGO! I think we ended up with nearly exactly what he was after. This photo does not do it justice. The white color of the frame has a strong metallic component that causes the white to me tinted "off-white". The grey came out much lighter on the frame than in our hands. Overall its a very ghostly mono-chromatic scheme. Now lets just see him try to keep it clean! Yeah right.....



No comments:

Post a Comment