Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend Update - Andrew's Road Frame

Mo got the fork brazed together during the week and all that is left on it is some clean up, drilling the brake bolt hole, and then facing the crown race.



I worked on the front triangle today by first tacking and then welding up the seat tube / bottom bracket junction. I am pleased how it came together.





I then worked on mitering up the rest of the tubes for the front triangle. On Andrew's frame we are using a pear shaped down tube from Columbus, which will ride great, but takes a bit longer then a round tube to miter and fit. After mitering and cleaning up the tubes, I then drilled the water bottle boss holes and then put everything back in the jig to tack it.



I was able to get the front triangle tacked together, but was too low on argon to start welding it up. I will pick some up tomorrow and work on welding it up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment